Friday, June 20, 2014

Week 3 at Nerja (Zero Scheißerei Given)

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. A free blog entry where I can write whatever I want to. I think I'm going to write a thought journal about my experience so far. I love Spain, but I hate the class. The class is extremely stressful because of all of the homework that is assigned but none of it is collected so I guess I shouldn't worry too much about that. All that matters to me is getting an A in this class because if I get anything less, I will not be able to receive my ROTC scholarship and I may or may not be able to attend Loyola any longer. I am currently in Nerja for the second time but while the sun and water are extremely nice, just like the last time, I am to preoccupied stuck in my head thinking about the final exam and how important it is for my grade. I left to go back to the hotel in order to study an hour about pronouns.

The excursions are extremely fun and I enjoy going on them but between my want to explore the city, the homework and the excursion itself, I am so extremely pressed for time. I take solace in my photography though, I like to capture the moments I have seen and experienced in different and creative ways. After that, I find it fun to edit and finalize the photos, eventually posting them online for people to see. Photography has been without a doubt, the most fun and enjoyable thing I have done here in Spain... Aside from the bars.


The students in the class are, for the most part, annoying to no end while class is in session. I have my group of friends which are much more dedicated in my opinion. My own merry band of misfits. The others will not attempt to speak Spanish in class, they will throw paper at each other during the class and overall, not take the class as a whole seriously. They will complain about going on excursions as if they thought they signed up for a vacation that served their 104 credit. I'm not going to lie, but this is a near vacation, but I believe it should be seen more as a cultural experience and chance to make new strong friendships. AMERICA

No comments:

Post a Comment